Your Privacy is important to us
We protect your information and aim to be clear and open about what we do with it.
CDI is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. We abide by the Australian Privacy Principles for the protection of personal information.
How do we collect your personal information?
Your personal information is collected by us directly from you through our website and communicating directly with you or via a third party such as your employer or insurance intermediary. Third party personal information that is obtained by us, the information is used on the assumption that you have consent or would reasonably expect us in this way to collect your personal information. We will try and ensure that you are aware of how your personal information is handled.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect your personal information about you when you use our products or services, or deal with us.
- The personal information we collect from you may include:
• your name, address, email, telephone number, date of birth, marital status,
- your financial details including your bank details,
- Your employment details
- Other information that is specific to taking out a CDI insurance policy or to enable a claim to be paid including names and contact details of any dependents or beneficiaries, claims history, criminal history, proof of purchase of the jewellery item.
Under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (AML/CTF Act) we are required to verify your identity before providing you with any financial services. It is an offence under the AML/CTF Act to provide false or misleading information about your identity. If we are unable to collect your personal information and verify your identity either electronically, or through alternate methods, we will not be able to provide you with a financial service.
Keeping your information safe
Our staff are trained in how to keep your information safe and secure. We use secure systems and take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment, whether it is in paper or electronic form.
How do we use your personal information?
We’re careful about how we use your personal information. We use it to deliver our products and services to you.
- Reasons why we collect your information include:
- to help process a quote and issue a policy.
- to answer enquiries or advice about our products or services.
- to enable the claims process.
- For research purposes or marketing campaigns, in relation to new products, services or information that may be of interest to you.
- to provide your updated personal information to our service providers
- To help process and communicate with you in the event of a complaint being made.
- For our records to ensure your contact details are current and up to date.
- to comply with any rule, regulation, law, lawful and binding determination, direction or decision of a regulator, or to cooperate with any governmental authority.
Personal information may be disclosed to third parties such as service providers engaged by CDI to action specific business activities on our behalf.
We’re here to help
If you want to update your personal information, request your personal information, or if you have a privacy concern, need more information — help is just a phone call or a few clicks away. You can contact us to request access to your information. In normal circumstances, we will give you full access to your information. However, if there are any legal or administrative reasons to deny access we will provide you with the reason.
If you have a complaint with regards to the privacy and protection of your personal information held by CDI, please email us at admin@CDI.com.au. We will acknowledge your complaint within seven (7) days then review your complaint, investigate it, and respond within 30 days with the ways in which your complaint will be addressed and any proposed changes to CDI’s procedures.